What you get with a Basic Site
This package sets you up with a WordPress website. I add no content other than an image header or logo for the front page — which you provide. You assume responsibility for adding all your content — you’ll need to know how to work with text editors and images in order to do this.
- I install WordPress onto your hosting account’s server. This includes features designed to optimise the security of your site: databases whose names don’t start with ‘wp’, a log-in with a secure name (as opposed to ‘Admin’), and a limit for log-in attempts.
- I set your permalinks to ‘post name’ so that your page and blog addresses are more friendly to visitors and search engines.
- I install the Divi theme from Elegant Themes, create a ‘Child Theme’, and activate it (recommended in case of any custom changes to your theme). I can install a different theme if you prefer, but you’re responsible for learning how to customise and set up the theme.
- I create up to five pages including the front page of your site — these will be blank of any content, but if you let me know how many columns or what kind of content you plan to add, I can set up the layout for you — i.e. Gallery, Blog, Contact.
- As mentioned, I add a header image or logo that you provide for the front page of the site.
And I can, of course, help you with additional items at my regular hourly rate.
What you’ll need to provide
- Log-in information for your hosting account (you can change your password once we’re finished)
- What pages you’d like me to create
- Colour preferences for menu links, etc.
- Image for logo or header
What I provide for $100
- A WordPress site with up to 5 pages
- Up to two revisions of front page layout options / colours
- Installation of a header image or logo that you provide (I’ll give you dimensions)
- Log-in information so you know how to access the dashboard of your site
- Free upgrades for your theme for as long as I work with Elegant Themes or they offer them to me
- Ongoing support at my regular hourly rate
What’s not included
- Custom graphics
- Content (other than placing your logo or header on the front page)
- One-on-one support for how to use WordPress or the Divi theme — I assume that you’re willing to take responsibility on how to do this. I do offer a page on my own site with helpful tips and links to pertinent information
- Search Engine Optimization — I do not guarantee any ranking when people search for a site like yours. Search ranking is something that companies charge a lot of money for. Again, check my help page for tips and links about SEO
- Technical support of any kind pertaining to your hosting account, emails associated with it, lost data, problems with your website due to incompatibility of plug-ins you may decide to add, or other things beyond my control
I can, of course, help you with most of these things at my regular hourly rate.